Get Support On Campus
Additional Off Campus Resources

GSS Advocacy Office: 
E: or T: 778.782.9412, MBC 2201

SFU Ombudsperson:
E: T: 778-782-4563, MBC 2266

Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies:

SFU Human Rights Office:
E: T: 778.782.4446, AQ 3045

Indigenous Graduate Student Support: 

International Student Services: 
E:   T: 778.782.4232

Centre for Accessible Learning: 
E: T:  778.782.3112

SFU Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office: 
E: T: 778.782.7166, DAC 014

Teaching Support Staff Union: 
E: T: 778.782.4735

All of these offices are mandated to protect your confidentiality regarding all personal matters and disclosures. That means that no information will be shared between offices without your consent. 

BC Ombudsperson: 
E: T: 250.387.0198, Victoria, BC

BC Human Rights Tribunal: 
E:, T: 604 775-2000


Graduate Student-Supervisor Relationships

Dysfunctional Advisee-Advisor Relationships: Methods for Negotiating Beyond Conflict:

“We Have to Talk”: A Step-by-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations:

Pro-Bono Legal Assistance

A listing of free legal services available through the GSS.

Legal Services


Besides the great resources we have directed you to in the Residency and Tenancy Section, the Vancouver Tenants Union offers great resources on rights and organising.

The Tenant Survival Guide, produced by the Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC), provides basic education on residential tenancy law in British Columbia.

BC Human Rights Tribunal & Clinic

Human Rights Tribunal is an independent, quasi-judicial body created by the B.C. Human Rights Code. The Tribunal is responsible for accepting, screening, mediating, and adjudicating human rights complaints.

BH Human Rights Clinic provides free legal services to people who need help with a provincial human rights complaint.

BC Ombudsperson

This office is meant for all issues of fairness related to your student life, but also outside of academia as well. This includes issues related to any public workplace (such as the university), tenancy or government offices that may be adjudicating receipt services or benefits.